Give Hope is growing! We'll keep you posted on projects we're working on and other exciting news!
- Replaced School Bus
- 3 school buildings, one 2-story
- 1 orphan home building
- Wall around perimeter
- Chicken coup
- Deep fresh water well
- Kitchen with Storage Area
current projects & Funding need:
- $9,000: one new orphan home building
- $5,000: Classroom Inside Finishing
- $2,500 to purchase 500 Bibles for Outreach
- $2,400: internet connectivity and computer lab
- $5,000: new desks, tables, and chairs
- $6,000: restroom pump, tank and piping construction
- $225,000: Construction of multi-use building/Church
Upcoming Projects in discussion
- Land for Vocational Education Center
- Vocation Education and Skills Training center
- Materials and Equipment for Vocational Training Center
Our Well is Finished
In April 2016, we broke ground on a well that will provide a consistent source of clean water. We had been walking 5 kilometers for clean water, and the well will allow us to improve efficiency while ensuring the health of our students.
our perimeter wall is up
As of December 2015, the wall around the campus is finished and will provide added protection from the road traffic. We've also installed a gate at the entrance.
We've got chickens
In February 2016 we purchased 1,000 chickens for use in a sustainable livery project on campus. Students learn to care for the chickens and gather eggs, while proceeds go towards funding the orphan care at Give Hope.
Our students pass exam
- All our Primary 7 students who tested in Primary Leaving Exams passed the Uganda National Examination Board Exams! This has happened 3 times since our first Class in 2016